Key characteristics: • Team-based collaborative approach between portfolio management and research • Analysts cover issuers across the full credit quality spectrum • Extensive structured research experience and capabilities • Business cycle-informed portfolio management approach • Risk-focused mindset
Aegon AM US Multi-Sector Fixed Income Overview
|Core Aggregate||$4,367 million||October 1, 2008|
|Core Plus||$1,506 million||October 1, 2008|
|Short Duration||$2,959 million||January 1, 2006|
|Stable Income||$51 million||January 1, 2013|
|Investment Grade||$32,312 million||January 1, 2003|
*As of September 30, 2018
Multi-sector fixed income portfolios are managed with the belief that:
- Business cycles and political developments drive returns. Over the course of a business cycle, rotating asset class and sector allocations, managing interest rate positioning, oscillating risk, and managing around inflection points may add value.
- Collaboration of research teams across asset classes and geographic regions provides a broader perspective. Portfolio managers leverage the firm’s globally integrated research platform to find best ideas to generate alpha from security selection.
- Broad diversification mitigates risks associated with individual credits.
Using a disciplined and repeatable investment process, the investment team’s long-term perspective focuses on delivering competitive risk-adjusted returns over economic cycles. Portfolios are managed using a team-based approach in which portfolio managers access fundamental research from the global research platform to identify opportunities and mitigate risk.
The multi-sector fixed income strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up credit research investment process, which is complemented by proprietary top-down macroeconomic analysis and risk monitoring. This disciplined bottom-up approach emphasizes the analysis of fundamentals, valuation, sentiment and technicals.
The Multi-Sector Fixed Income team’s structure, long-term focused approach, and risk-informed process differentiate it from peers:
- Team-based collaborative approach between portfolio management and research
- Global Credit Research team analysts cover issuers across the full credit quality spectrum, not just investment grade or high yield
- Extensive structured research experience and capabilities
- Business cycle-informed portfolio management approach
- Risk-focused mindset