Ensuring business continuity
Our priority, above everything else, is the health, safety and well-being of our clients and employees. We have taken steps to modify how we conduct our business to mitigate the impact of the corona virus (Covid-19). These include ensuring our employees can continue to do their roles outside of the normal office environment and have the ability to work and trade from home. We have tested our systems and processes to ensure they are robust enough for a complete work-from-home environment. Our employees are equipped to access our systems and processes securely to support the effective management of assets and provide quality service and support.
Regular reporting and articles
As markets react to new developments, we will update our clients through regular reporting and articles on our website and this page. We are also happy to respond to any individual requests for information relating to specific portfolios.
- Although the impact on our global operations has been limited to date, we continue to monitor the situation and our CEO and senior management team meet weekly to review our policies and operations.
- We continue to implement our robust business continuity plans, which currently requires a mandatory working from home policy for all Netherlands, UK and US based employees in accordance with local guidance.
- We regularly monitor our systems and processes to ensure we can continue this working from home policy globally.
- In the Netherlands, UK and US, we are currently planning for our return to the office environment in line with local guidelines. When this does occur, we will do so through a phased approach, to ensure we adhere to local guidelines, social distancing and employee safety and wellbeing.
- We currently restrict any international travel for employees. We will also liaise with clients before any scheduled visits.
- Where our offices are open, we have barred work gatherings of more than 20 people and apply a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine period for employees if they or anyone in their household show symptoms of Covid-19.
- Any employees with mild respiratory complaints (nose cold, cough, sore throat or fever above 38°C/100.4°F) must work from home.
- We are in continuous contact with all key suppliers to ensure that they can meet their service delivery commitments to Aegon Asset Management. To date Covid-19 has not led to any service delivery disruptions to Aegon AM.
- We continue to monitor and adhere to World Health Organization and local guidelines.
* As of June 9, 2020
April 07: Coronavirus Update
Letter from our CEO
As the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to quickly evolve, I wanted to personally update you on the approach we are taking at Aegon Asset Management to mitigate its impact for you, our client, and for our business.