This page contains information about a change of name for Kames Capital which will take effect from 7 September 2020, subject to regulatory approval.
We are part of Aegon Asset Management, a global investment management business with multiple brands, including Aegon Asset Management in the US, Asia and Continental Europe, and Kames Capital in the UK. We have decided to align our global capabilities around a single brand, so from 7 September 2020 we will retire the Kames Capital name and become Aegon Asset Management across all markets.
While the Kames Capital name is well-known in the UK, we believe this change will help us to operate more efficiently across international markets and fulfil our potential as a global investment business.
The only changes you will see will be to the Kames Capital name and individual fund names, most of which will replace the pre-fix 'Kames' with 'Aegon'. There will be no changes to our investment processes or the management of client portfolios or funds. We will also retain existing client service and sales contacts.
From 7 September we will launch a new global website at www.aegonam.com which will bring together Aegon Asset Management's global investment capabilities in a single site.
We have written to investors, advisers and platform providers to tell them about these changes. Copies of these letters and emails, along with detailed lists of fund name changes, are available below.
Thank you for your continuedsupport and if you have any questions, please contact your usual representative or email email@example.com
Copies of shareholder notices
In the table below you can download PDFs of shareholder notices.
|Notice||Sent on week commencing|
|Kames Capital Investment Company (Ireland) plc||22 June|
|Kames Capital ICVC||6 July|
|Kames Capital Investment Portfolios ICVC||6 July|
|Kames Capital Unit Trust||6 July|
Legal entity name changes
Subject to regulatory approval, from 7 September 2020 the following companies will change their names:
- Kames Capital plc (Company Number SC113505) will become Aegon Asset Management UK plc (Company Number SC113505)
- Kames Capital Management Limited (Company Number SC212159) will become Aegon Asset Management UK Limited (Company Number SC212159)
- Kames Capital Investment Company (Ireland) plc (Company Number 442106) will become Aegon Investment Company (Ireland) plc (Company Number 442106)
Note: For clients, any contract that you have entered into with Kames Capital plc, Kames Capital Management Limited or Kames Capital Investment Company (Ireland) plc before 7 September will not be affected by the change of name and no amendments will need to be made to it. The contracting entity will remain the same, although from 7 September 2020 it will have a new name. Any future contracts will be entered into under the new name.
Fund name changes
Subject to regulatory approval, the names of the following fund ranges will change from 7 September 2020:
- Kames Capital ICVC will become Aegon Asset Management UK ICVC
- Kames Capital Investment Portfolios ICVC will become Aegon Asset Management UK Investment Portfolios ICVC
- Kames Capital Unit Trust will become Aegon Asset Management UK Unit Trust
- Subject to the approval of shareholders at an EGM, Kames Capital Investment Company (Ireland) plc will become Aegon Asset Management Investment Company (Ireland) plc
In the table below you can download details of changes to individual fund names.
|High-level changes to individual fund names||Excel|
|Share-class and ISIN codes||Excel|